Frequent questions answered by Canadastar regarding pay-per-view boxing events for Canadian commercial locations.
- Canadastar Boxing Inc. has been Canada's premier distributor of pay-per-view boxing events to Canadian bars, restaurants, casinos and other commercial establishments since 1989.
- Fightbook Entertainment Ltd. (CJ Carson or Mark Sinclair) is Canadastar's distributor for the Provinces West of Ontario.
- Eric Spitzer is Canadastar's distributor in the Province of Quebec.
What is the order process?
- Contact us for pricing using our online enquiry form or contact the distributor for your area using the contact information provided in the sidebar on the left of this page.
- We fax you your license/invoice and courier you marketing materials on receipt of your order.
- Payment is due prior to the event.
What are the advantages of ordering a Canadastar Special Event?
- You have the legal right to broadcast the event in your establishment.
- You will be able to advertise the event for your location and will be provided with advertising materials.
- We arrange with your satellite or cable provider to authorize your location.
- Licensed locations for our events are listed on our website.
What is the price?
- Boxing license fees vary from bout to bout , depending on the fighters and rate cards set by the promoter. Pricing is generally dependent on your viewing capacity. Additionally, your signal provider will invoice you directly for providing you with the signal to the event ordered.
Can I order the event from my satellite or cable provider?
- We are licensed by the rightsholder to distribute events to Canadian commercial establishments. Signal providers are licensed residentially.
What is the latest I can order?
- Contracts, invoices, marketing materials, and pretest information needs to be sent to you. Book early to have more time for advertising. Orders should be placed no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.
How do I know my location has been authorized for the event?
- Shaw Direct, Bell TV, Rogers and Shaw customers will receive event pre-test and technical assistance information approximately 3-4 days before the event .
- Follow the pre-test instructions to ensure your system is authorized and that your equipment is capable of receiving the signal to the event.